Become a Kindergarten Readiness Ambassador and help your child for Free!
The start of kindergarten for many children is less than 3 months away! The response to my 1 2 3 Kindergarten, Everything Your Child Needs To Learn Before Kindergarten book has been growing, especially since it was a Finalist in the 2011 National Indie Excellence Book Awards.
Because of the response and all the questions about Kindergarten Readiness I am working on a program for parents and caregivers that I can deliver over the summer to help prepare kids for school. I want this to truly answer what families need. To do this, I am looking for 10 (ten) Kindergarten Readiness Ambassadors so I can start this right away. Following is a job description:
- talking with your friends and contacts at daycares or play programs, or other local facilities in your area, about their concerns and challenges of getting kids ready for kindergarten
- sending in the results of your discussions of what families really need.
- giving feedback on the 1 2 3 Kindergarten Readiness Summer Program
These are some of the skills needed for the position:
- good conversation skills
- parent or caregiver of a child under 6
- interest in helping children and families
- basic computer skills
In return for your help:
- You get to write a guest blog on the challenges for you and your child on kindergarten readiness.
- You will have 15 minutes of 1 on 1 time on the phone with me to talk about your personal concerns.
- You will receive a 50% discount on the cost of the 1 2 3 Kindergarten Readiness Summer Program.
- If you discuss readiness concerns with more than 15 other parents and caregivers I will also send you a free copy of my award-winning book 1 2 3 Kindergarten, Everything Your Child Needs To Learn Before Kindergarten.
- You have the option of having your name and picture included on the 1 2 3 Kindergarten website as a Kindergarten Readiness Ambassador.
If you are interested in working with me as a Kindergarten Readiness Ambassador, please reply to my email below with Ambassador in the subject line.
- sample questions
- a summary section to fill out and return
- an introduction that you can use to tell others about your position
The last day to apply for one of these 10 positions is June 10th. I’ll get back to you asap. You will then have 2 weeks to talk to other parents and caregivers. Please assure them that any information they provide will be confidential.
For the cost of the time to talk with other parents and caregivers you can help your child when it comes to readiness for kindergarten. Apply to be a Kindergarten Readiness Ambassador at:
From my desk to yours, Barbara Allisen