The calendar says time for some silliness with kids’ April Fool’s fun and what’s more fun than some easy pranks for kids and parents? Of course, one parent may need to coordinate with the kids.
Since April Fool’s is happening on a weekend, instead of kids crawling into bed with the parents, the parents should crawl into the kids’ beds? It might be one way of catching some extra sleep. Here’s a list of some fun things to do:
1. Give kids permission to take lots of tissues. With a few in each hand, they get to stuff either mom’s or dad’s shoes, so the shoes will feel like they shrunk.
2. With a sneaky switcheroo, kids can substitute their underwear for one or the other parents’ undies. Or they can switch mom’ and dad’s. Neither mom nor dad will accidentally wear the wrong ones.
3. If they can remember, whenever kids talk to mom, they call her “Dad.” Whenever they talk to dad, they call him “Mom.” This doesn’t usually last too long before kids giggle with glee.
4. Have kids draw faces on the eggs. To do this, an adult needs to hold the egg while kids gently draw with a marker. Wiping up a raw egg is no joke.
5. Tuck a toy or stuffie into mom’s or dad’s bag or briefcase, or maybe their slipper.
6. If someone in the family has a lunch bag in the fridge, stick some googly eyes on their sandwich bag or piece of fruit.
As adults, apparently we don’t laugh as much in a day as kids do. Yet, we know sometimes having a sense of humor is all that keeps us from going crazy. Laughing about a situation helps us stay sane. April Fool’s is an opportunity to share some laughter with our kids and to create some memories of fun. What can you and your kids do today for some adult and kids’ April Fool’s Fun?